Tuesday 5 August 2014

Food, food... and more food

It was the first time that I spent so many days without publishing a new post but it was because we had the Bank Holiday weekend and I hadn't to work on Monday! So this post will be longer than usual.

The trip to Athlone last Wednesday was great except because some French students were in trouble (they tried to steal several things from Penneys; you can imagine the rest of the story). We visited the castle and the church and then we did some shopping.

Art gardening in Athlone's castle

I also was happy because my second article was published on the local paper, Tullamore Tribune. It was an article about the blog and about my life in Tullamore and in Ireland - some people already stopped me in the street to tell me that they loved my article!! (Note: the headline is wrong, I finished Journalism three years ago. Somebody changed it in the paper).

Article about my life and my experience in Tullamore

Besides this day I cooked Spanish omelette for dinner and Roberta loved it. She baked the dessert and I loved her strawberry cake too! And after that Rut and I watched a movie together.

Thursday I worked in St Mary's Youth Centre in the Morning and I spent the afternoon playing and doing the puzzle with Adnan. I really enjoyed this day and I know I will miss a lot those kids once I go back to Coruña.

Playing in the garden 

Me and Adnan "doing the puzzle"

Anyhow, it was a sad day too because it was my last day with Rut. We went to drink a beer and then we were talking for a long time when we came back home because we didn't want to say 'good bye' to each other. I know I will see her again, probably in Ireland probably not. But I know I have a friend for all life and I won't lose this special friendship for sure. Of course I cried, I couldn't help it but I am happy because I know I can count on her.

 Tullamore is not the same without you!

Thanks for all these weeks together ♥

Friday morning I went to Dublin still feeling a little bit sad. I had a meeting with Malgorzata from Léargas at 11. We talked about all the articles I sent to her and we corrected some of them together. I learnt new things and I really enjoy with her. After that we went to have lunch together. It was delicious! Then she gave me a present for my collaboration; it was a huge surprise and I was so happy and grateful! In addition, we decided I will continue collaborating with Malgorzata from Spain so we'll keep in touch.

Mmm yummy! 

After that I finished buying souvenirs - I will publish a special post once I go back to Spain with pictures of all the things I bought! - and I enjoyed walking around Dublin one more time. It was my last time there but I am sure I'll be back soon because as you may know I am deeply in love with this city.

The Temple Bar full of flowers 

Beautiful view of the city 

Walking around

Saturday was raining like hell the whole day. I slept in the morning and then I went with Roberta to the supermarket and to buy a lamp and a carpet for the Round House. Then I went to walk around Tullamore and I bought some bargains at Dunnes Store. After that I cooked dinner for both of us and I continued doing the puzzle. Different day but nice as well.

Sunday I was supposed to go with Tom to Croagh Patrick mountain but it was still raining so the plan was cancelled. I went to the mass - Tullamore's church is so beautiful ♥ - with Roberta and then she taught me how to bake the yummy cake I love. Now I will bake it for my family once I go back home.

My first cake ♥

Then the kids came and we were playing games together while Stephanie and Roberta relaxed in the dining room. I felt really grateful because later they invited me to have dinner with all of them in Sarah's restaurant: The Blue Apron Restaurant - I don't know if I already told you but Sarah is one of Roberta's daughters and she is the mum of Adnad, Emel and Ilara.- The food was absolutely tasty. You should absolutely go and try it!

Mmm absolutely delicious! 

The first burger I liked in my life

After that we went back home to continue playing games with the children. Adnan and I finally finished the puzzle but we were disappointed because one piece was missing. However it was a really nice day again.

Monday was bank holiday and I wake up early again to go to Croagh Patrick but the plan was cancelled again for reason I still don't know. So I decided to go walking along the canal and I spent two hours walking, listening to the music and enjoying the countryside landscape.

The Grand Canal of Tullamore is really nice, isn't it?

When I was back in the Round House, Roberta asked me if I wanted to go with Sarah, her husband and the children to a kind of Steam festival in County Laois. I had nothing to do and I really have fun with the children so I said yes. It was a really nice day. No complains at all.

Steam train exhibition 

 Sarah with the children

Emel and Ilara ♥ 

Adnan and his daddy 

The day finished this way

And all of that takes us to today. I have just seven more days in Tullamore, in Ireland. I want to enjoy my time here as much as possible and it is what I am doing. Of course I miss things for Coruña but I really enjoyed my time in this lovely country. So let's make these days unforgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment