Wednesday 30 July 2014

Party, gardening and Badminton

It's being a quiet week in St Mary's Youth Centre office. And I'va said office because the Centre is full of people: the 7-9 Summer Camp started two days ago and more than eighty kids are having fun taking part in different activities. Besides the 26 French students are all day long in the building too. 

So Monday morning was not a big deal. I finished a new article for the European Youth Portal and I helped Bill in some things. Then I went home and my idea was to stay there continuing the puzzle with the kids but Rut sent me a message to go playing pool and drinking a beer. So I went where Tara (Irish volunteer) and Rut were - it was around 7 pm -. But the plan changed when we met new people and we came back home at 2.30 am. On a Monday. No more information needed. 

Tara, Rut and I 

Tuesday morning we were really tired as you can imagine. But I worked hard in the office and Rut and Tara did so in the Summer Camp. After that we went home and helped Roberta to clean the garden. 

Rut cleaning 

I was doing my part too 

Prize after work - Thanks, Roberta!

Do you remember Elvis - my favorite car in the Round House? He was sick yesterday so I took him to the vet with Roberta. They have to remove his teeth because they are in a very bad condition. So he will have surgery on Friday 8. My poor lovely cat ♥.

After that Elsa (she is the French leader), Rut and I played badminton in the garden. And I finished the day doing the puzzle so it was a really nice and completed day. 

Rut and Elsa 

Elsa and I

Today the newspaper have published my second article. I will show you in the next post as I will do with pictures of Athlone because we have a trip today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment