Wednesday 1 July 2015

My first week

Last thursday wasn't as I expected. Emma woke up sick after having a bad night so she didn't go to school. We spent the morning watching cartoons and colouring some books. Meanwhile I did the laundry and prepare some snacks for her. I also read for a while a book Michelle gave me - the title is 'Isobel's wedding', the writer is Sheila O'Flanagan and it reminds me to a book of Marian Keyes so far.

Colouring with Emma

After lunch, Emma fell sleep so I spent time watching some tv series. Michelle gave me her Netflix account so now I can watch EVERYTHING. What a gift for me... I will become a monster ♥

Friday was different. After walking Emma to school - Jack goes walking with his friends, I had a free morning until 2 pm. I had a walk around Mountmellick and went to the charity shop where I bought a nice vintage shirt - I'll show you some day all my shopping during this months! - After school, we just spent some time at home and went to the park for a while,

Walking with Emma to school

The weekend was really good because I went to Dublin to meet Laia, my Spanish friend who was as au-pair in Mullingar last summer - nowadays she's living in Dublin with her Irish boyfriend, a ginger two-metres-tall man called Michael. They live with another couple, Dan - Irish - and Ludo - Italian -. Dan and Michael work together at the Whiskey Museum.

Dublin's Pride

Stunning Dublin

Laia and I spent the saturday doing some - very light - shopping and we also went for a pint. After that, Michael texted her if we wanted to go for free to the tour called 'The gravedigger ghost tour', so we went! I thought I will be scary but I couldn't stop laughing. That's waht normally happens everytime I meet crazy Laia!

During one of the stops of the tour

Into the bus tour

Sunday morning we spent the time just chilling out and after lunch we went to Flea Market. It wasn't as good/big as I expected but it still worthed - if I had to choose, I would prefer Clara Market. No doubts!

Monday morning I woke up feeling very homesick. It never happenned to me before, not in such a strong way. Besides, Emma didn't want her breakfast or even going to school and it was kind of frustrating for me. I have to say that it was a very hard day for me and that for a second I thought about leaving... but I undestood that it was just a bad day and that everybody has one time to time.

On the contrary, Tuesday was soooo good! The kids finished school earlier - last day! - and after had lunch at home with me. Then they were playing outside with the neighbours and I used that time to prepare the swimming pull - it took me like 20 minutes to inflate it! It was sunny and 26 degrees (!) so they enjoyed the whole evening on the swimming pool and it made me also happy.

¿QuiĆ©n dijo que Irlanda no tiene verano?

Today was a chill out day. Cartoons, colouring, barbies, park, swimming pool again... I think it is easier for me now that they've finished school. No more alarm clock, other way of organising time... I definitely think it will be a really nice summer.

Lennon loves the trampolin 

Playing Barbies with Emma

If I have to say something negative is that I still haven't meet any friends. I feel good with the Lith's and I love being here but I also need somebody of my age to talk to and maybe hang out from time to time. I'm hardly trying to meet people, so I'll tell you about how this is going. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment