Tuesday 17 June 2014

Creating routines

Life seems to be fantastic in Tullamore. It is not a big town (actually it is just 15,000 population) and you don't have many things to do but it's peaceful and people are nice. Besides this week the weather is really warm. Yes, the sun is shinning and the temperature is 25 degrees! 

Tullamore's main Street yesterday evening

Yesterday morning I started working in the St Mary's Centre. Bill and Tom are on holidays this week so I am the only person in the office during mornings. I started to prepare the first documents about the European Voluntary Service and I also got instructions for the rest of the week.

I went home for lunch. Roberta had cooked Spanish omelette and we ate together in the garden. She was worried because she thinks that I am not eating enough but I explained that I was fine and I thanked her for cooking. After that I came back to the office and I continued working for a couple of hours. People from Tullamore have a really strong accent, they almost don't open their mouth when they speak! So sometimes it is quite difficult for me to understand them at the first time, specially by phone, but it doesn't matter because I'm here to learn real English.

Back home Roberta's daughter and the kids came and I had dinner with them. Later I played with the kids for two hours. Ednan loves football and the twin girls are soooo cute... One of them asked me: "Can I visit you in Spain when you come back home?" and I answered: "Of course you can!". And then she added: "Ok, I will go in a rocket!". Lovely ♥.

Then I spent time with Rut and Peter because I don't have Wifi in my room so I use my laptop in their dining room. It happens because I live in the main house and they live in another small one across the garden. Both places are beautiful to stay in. 

 My room (my bed ♥)

Enough luggage for two months?

As you can see my life here is simple. I will work in the mornings and have free evenings most of the days. Besides I always have free weekends so I hope to travel to Dublin and another Irish cities. So keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment