Tuesday 24 June 2014

Dublinlover

Finally we couldn't find a hostel in Galway so we decided to go to Dublin. I fell in love with this city. It's young, tolerant and full of energy. Its streets are magic, you can discover a new artist in each corner! Besides the weather we had was absolutely great and we could enjoy all our plans. 

So after Friday Bingo night Laia, Peter, Rut and I started our trip to Dublin. We took the train directly from Tullamore and it was cheap because we paid as students (we didn't lie, we all have a student card but Irish don't know that we already finished College!). Then we tried the first Hostel of our list and we got 4 beds, all of them in different rooms but I wouldn't mind for just one night. It was 18€ for bed & breakfast and it was 10 minutes walking from the main street.

Cleaning after Bingo

We walked around the city center the hole morning. We visited Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green Park, O'Connell St., Grafton St., Half Penny Bridge and Temple Bar (of course!). We spent all time walking and I think it is the best way to know a new city. We did some shopping (sales time!♥) and we laugh a lot because Peter couldn't stop taking pictures! He looked like a Japanese!

Laia and I in the most famous Irish pub

Artistic corner
 
Genius making art with sand in one of the main streets

 Ha'Penny Bridge

Three Spanish girls becoming in leprechauns

Having fun in Temple Bar

We went out on Temple Bar at night. Peter met a a friend from College who was having some days in Dublin. Laia, Rut and I just danced and drank beer. Temple Bar pubs are awesome! You have living music in most of them and it was fantastic. The singer ever sang a song in Spanish ("La Bamba") because he said he knew there was many Spanish people there (and it was absolutely true, Dublin was full of Spanish, we listened to people speaking Spanish all the time!). Actually we met two boys and one girl from Spain in the last pub we went and we had a great night with them.

Next morning we were tired but Laia, Rut and I kept walking in the other side of the river and Peter went to a free tour with other people who were staying in the Hostel. We came back to Tullamore knowing that we will come back to Dublin soon.

Then we had dinner with Roberta, Stephanie (Roberta's sister) and Deirdre (Roberta's daughter), her husband and the children (the ones whose Laia takes care of as Au-pair). It was the perfect ending for a perfect weekend. Then I was exhausted and I slept like a baby on Sunday's night.

Yesterday the Post Primary Summer Camp started. There were about 25 teenagers. They were playing to "The Cube" during the morning and they went to the cinema after lunch. I have to write a reportage about the week so I am spending some time with them and then I am in the office a couple of hours. Right now they are kayaking and I am here typing! But it doesn't matter because I will have another activities with them.

"The Cube" challenges

Oh, I forgot to tell you about yesterday afternoon. Rut and I went to walk during two hours beside the canal. It was so peaceful... I am used to walk beside the sea and it was a completely different feeling. Obviously I love my hometown but it's being amazing to enjoy other completely different things. It was one of the reason for what I came here!

Besides I have to tell you that yesterday night is the best night of the year for two main reasons. First of all it's the best party of the year on A Coruña (San Xoán's night). Groups of friends have dinner together at the beach and they have bonfires that they are supposed to jump 7 times to be lucky for the next 12 months. It's a magical night and it was the first moment that I felt a little bit homesick since I am living in Ireland. Secondly I had the first date with my boyfriend on 23rd of June in 2012 so it was a special day for us too. We don't mind being apart because we trust each other and we keep thinking that we will have holidays together in August!

So I will keep you up to date about how Summer Camp and the life in Tullamore are being ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment