Thursday 19 June 2014

Peaceful living

No doubts. Coming to Ireland has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I know I have been here just one week but it is enough to know if these 2 months will be a challenge or a pleasure. 

These days have been absolutely great. The sun was shinning and I could wear real summer clothes! As you know I work in the office in the mornings until 4 pm. I always bring lunch with me. I usually take a sandwich, some fruit and some chocolate. 

 Today's lunch (serrano ham sandwich, strawberrys, apple and KitKat Chunky)

Working in St Mary's office is easy. This week is being quite empty and calm but I know next weeks won't be like this one. Tomorrow is Bingo's night and it will be full of people again and summer camps start next Monday. 

There will be three summer camps. Post Primary summer camp is next week. Most of the work is done by Rut, Peter and other workers and local volunteers of the Centre. They are preparing games and really funny dynamics... I will show you pictures! One of the games is based on the TV show "The Cube" where people have lives and they have to pass several difficult challenges to win money for charity. I tried some of them two days ago when they were preparing this game and I can promise that it is very difficult! I think children will enjoy their time here. 

So these days I have finished the first flyer about the European Voluntary Service. It was easy for me because I already knew everything about it. Besides I interviewed a Spanish volunteer who is doing the EVS in Italy. I think it will be useful for youngsters of Tullamore. Actually I would like to prepare a chat about this topic for them because I think it will be much better in an interactive meeting than just with the flyer. I will propose it to Bill next week. 

Flyer about the EVS

The last two days I spent the evenings sunbathing in the garden. Peter and Rut usually work in the afternoon so I can't hang out with them until evening. I just lay in the towel wearing the bikinis and I read some book or I take a nap. It is a great routine for me because I work 5 or 6 hours during the morning and I can do whatever I want after that. Today I think I will go to the park and maybe some shopping. 

Garden and volunteers' house

Roberta is a very good cooker and yesterday she prepared a delicious rice for dinner. I don'k know the recipe but the sauce was so tasty! Today it's my turn, I have to think my menu. She likes healthy food and she hates me eating chocolate everyday... She is definitely my Irish mum!

Rut, Peter, Laia and I will probably travel to Galway this weekend. I can't wait to learn more about this beautiful country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment