Monday 30 June 2014

Go Kilkenny!

It was such a wonderful weekend! Well, it started with the barbecue in Charleville Castle. It was the day when I met the first bad-mannered person in Ireland... but I don't want to spend my time talking about her. We ate there and teenagers and leaders played some games. At midnight we had a guided visit into the castle and then the guide "contacted with the spirits". The biggest lie I have ever seen. (I'm sorry if you believe in that, I believe in spirits but I don't think anyone can contact them like this woman did). 

Charleville Castle (Tullamore)

Then the teenagers watched movies while some people (like me) tried to sleep. I was so tired on Friday morning... Well, all of us were so Peter, Rut and I spent the Friday sleeping. 

We all were anxiously waiting for Saturday evening because we went to the semi final replay match in Tullamore: Kilkenny vs. Galway. I decided to support Kilkenny because I love stripped t-shirts (like the one of my football team in Spain). Luckily we won! I love hurling, people say that it's the quickest game on Earth and now I understand why. It was so exciting!

 O´Connor Park (hurling stadium of Tullamore)

During the match
Laia, James and I with Kilkenny´s player

When the match finished everyone jumped to the field to take autographs and pictures with the players. It was so nice... I am sure I will repeat after leaving. After that we had dinner at home and we went out for a while in Tullamore.
On Sunday we had another perfect day with Tom who we already decided is our Irish dad. We went with him to a second hand market in Clara. All of us found bargains. I think I got the best one: a Pepe Jeans jacket for 1€! Best market ever... After that we went to Tom's house again for dinner. Erika, his daughter, is a great cooker and everything was delicious again. Now Rut, Peter and I will cook for them one day, of course.

 Bargains ♥

Laia came back to Mullingar so it's the three of us again. Today the 10-12 Summer Camp started. Right now they are cooking something, I will tell you as soon as I know. 

And tomorrow will be a very special day. I'm travelling to Dublin to collaborate with Leargas, the Irish National Agency of the Erasmus + Program. I'll have a meeting at 11 and when it finishes I will have time to enjoy myself there :) I am sooo happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment