Thursday 26 June 2014

Irish summer

The heat wave is already finished and now I can "enjoy" the real Irish summer... Don't misunderstand me, I am really enjoying my time here but obviously I miss the sun shining!

Tuesday morning I came to the office and Bill told me that he wanted me to write an article about Post Primary Summer Camp for the local newspaper so I should take part in some of the activities to take pictures and get information. Best news ever! So after the games on Monday morning, on Tuesday we went to the canal to practice kayaking and zorbing.  I just did zorbing because I didn't have extra clothes (as you know I wasn't supposed to be there). It was really funny! After that I spent the afternoon with Rut watching a movie and I cooked dinner for Roberta, Mary and me. 

Rut and Peter kayaking

Me zorbing 

Yesterday was the most desired day: the bus trip to Tramore. All the teenagers and the leaders went by bus to the southeast coast of Ireland to enjoy a day off. Unfortunately the weather wasn't so good so I didn't swim but most of them did! They didn't care about the cold and they swam with clothes. Oh, Irish people, you are absolutely happy. They just care about having fun and they don't lose time thinking about a better weather or whatever.

Some people in Tramore's beach

There was a donut bar in Tramore that all of them knew. They were delicious! Also, I bought a t-shirt just for 4€ ♥. Besides there was a theme park where some of us spent most of the time. It was a good day and I was really tired when we came back in Tullamore, specially because we had to go to buy the tickets to the hurling match where we will go on Saturday and the ticket shop was far from the city centre.
Rut, Peter, Jamie and I in the most crazy attraction of the theme park

So tonight is the last activity of this Summer Camp... I will tell you how it was! 

No comments:

Post a Comment