Friday 18 July 2014

Clonmacnoise trip

Yesterday I went to the Tullamore Tribune office and I met Ger, the main editor. We had a good chat about Journalism situation in Ireland and in Spain. He explained me it is a weekly newspaper and what he wants me to do. They will publish me a couple of articles about my experience, events on St Mary's Youth Centre and I will also cover some events with other reporter. It looks like such an amazing experience!

Tullamore Tribune Office

The meeting lasted about half an hour so I went to the Centre went it finished. It was a wonderful day, the sun was shining and we had 25 degrees (!!!). I continued looking for information and writing some articles. I forgot to tell you that I contacted Eurodesk Spain to see if they wanted to share my blog and they do! So I prepared a 400 words presentation in Spanish and also in English about it. 

As you can guess I finally got a free afternoon so I could go to Clonmacnoise! And I am so lucky I did because it was such a wonderful place. It is a nature place with historical ruins of several church, a monastery and crosses of an ancient cemetery. There were 26 degrees so we really enjoyed the trip (not like last Saturday in the Cliffs of Moher ¬¬ ).

Clonmacnoise under a beutiful sky 

Here you can see the river Shannon in the background 

Crosses everywhere

Coming back home I prepare pancakes by my own for the first time. My sister and my boyfriend will be so happy for my new skill! Besides I had dinner with Rut (and Elvis who joined us like asking for food).

Pancakes with Nutella ♥ 

Elvis staring at us

Today it is being a calm day. It is raining again (Irish summer!) but it is still warm. I am finishing some articles for the European Youth Portal and Tullamore Tribune. Besides I am sending three postcards to my aunt, family friend and my boyfriend family.

The postcards I am sending

Tomorrow we have a trip to Galway and I am so excited! Rut went day some time ago and she said it is a beautiful city. So have a nice weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment