Tuesday 22 July 2014

Galway girl

Last friday was a quiet day. I worked in the office in the morning and then I walked around the city for a while because the weather was good. We wanted to keep our energy for Saturday because we had the trip to Galway with the Spanish and French students. What a great day. We visited the city and bought some souvenirs. Rut and I ate an Italian ice-cream. We ate close to the beach and we chilled out.

As happy as a kid 

Enjoying the landscape 

Original painting in a house 

Spanish Arch in Galway

On Sunday we went to Clara Market with Tom and his niece. This time I won't buy anything. After that we came back home to prepare dinner. Peter, Rut, Lourdes and I cooked for Tom, Erica and the French student who is staying with them. We had a great time and after dinner we enjoyed playing the guitar and singing Irish songs. It was a good weekend.

Galician empanada (Rut cooked it!) 

Spanish omelettes (this is what I cooked) 

Tom and Rut after dinner

Yesterday I had a meeting in Tullamore Tribune at 1.30 p.m. I went with Geroid - one of the reporters - to the monthly county meeting. I had never been to something similar before. We had an agenda to follow the meeting and our own place to stay. It was really interesting - particularly when they spoke Irish and I understood nothing!  

Big room where the meeting was celebrated 

My agenda 

My spot

Today I came back to the St Mary's Youth Centre. I will work in the office every morning and I will probably take part in other meetings of the newspaper. Let's see what surprises are coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment