Friday 25 July 2014

Living Galicia's day from Ireland

Tuesday was a special day because we had the goodbye party for the Spanish group of students. We all - workers of the Centre, teachers, European volunteers and I - enjoyed listening to music and having snacks for about three hours. So now we had only French students in St Mary's - they will leave on 1 August.

Spanish and French teenagers having fun

The heat wave arrived on Wednesday. We are having around 27 degrees every day! So we had a trip to Glenbarrow, a natural area with lovely waterfalls. I really enjoyed that experience.

The entrance

Lost in the middle of the woods

Waterfall

After that I went to Tullamore Tribune to get a copy of the paper because my first article was published! Four years later I saw something with my name published. I can't describe how happy I was.

My article published!!

And to complete a fantastic day, Peter, Rut and I went to Jojo's house - she is a worker of St Mary's Youth Centre. We had a good talk and enjoyed in the swimming pool.

Swimming pool afternoon

Thursday was a shorter day in comparison with Wednesday. I worked in the office all morning and then I started to have a strong headache so I went straight to bed. I think its this weather; it changes really fast and the body can't assimilate it.

Today it's a special day for me because it's Galicia's Day, the day of my region. It's being the day I'm feeling the most homesick since I came in Tullamore. I will travel as much as I will be able to but my region will always be the most beautiful place on Earth. Today Santiago de Compostela - the capital of the region - has special celebrations and I can't say how much love I feel for this city where I lived six years.

Galician flag

This song makes me fly at home ♥

Anyhow ´the weekend is coming full of plans. It will start with a trip to Dublin with the French group. Yes... Dublin again - but I love it! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment