Wednesday 16 July 2014

My job(s)

You may think I am not working so much but that's not true. Actually I can say I have three jobs at the same time and it never happened to me before! As you know, St Mary's Youth Centre - settled in Tullamore, Co. Offaly - was the company which gave me the opportunity of coming to work abroad and enjoy the grant I got. I work in the office with Bill - the manager - from Monday to Friday during 8 weeks (this is already my fifth week!). Every weekday I come to the office at 10 a.m. and I stay here until 3.30 p.m. My job is basically prepare materials about European Voluntary Service, Youth Exchanges and other topics which can be interesting for young people of the county. I also help in other activities of the Centre and I do some office work. 

My desk 

My desk (and the little mess behind it!) 

Anyhow Bill told me since I arrived that he will try to find other companies to collaborate with and it will make my internship much better. So in my third week he told me I will start to collaborate with Léargas - the Irish National Agency for Erasmus + settled in Dublin - or much specifically with the Eurodesk Irish section. So I started to prepare a few articles each week for the Irish section of the European Youth Portal. 

Léargas logo

And this week I am starting my new collaboration but I won't know until tomorrow what it is about. Tomorrow at 10 a.m. I have a meeting with a man called Ger in the local newspaper Tullamore Tribune. I don't know if I will be able to publish something on it but at least I will learn how its staff works. 

Tomorrow I will spend my day here!

So as you can see, I am here not just travelling and hanging out; I am learning a lot and I am happy working which is something that not everyone can have. It will last just three more weeks but I will enjoy that as much as possible.

Yesterday after work, Rut and I were watching TV series and we cooked pancakes. I will really miss her in August; she is going on holidays for two weeks and when she come back I won't be here anymore.

Cooking pancakes ♥

At night we went to the Irish night in the Rugby Club of Tullamore. It was a wonderful night: we enjoyed typical dances, songs and living music played by people from the region. The atmosphere was so good, even we sang the 'Happy birthday' to one of the man who danced and played the piano. Besides a French boy and a Spanish girl played the piano too; both were absolutely great. 

Playing traditional music 

Cute girl singing

Today we were supposed to have a trip to Clonmacnoise but they changed the week plan and it will be tomorrow so I can't go because I have my first meeting in the newspaper... It's a pity because I really wanted to visit the monastery and the lake; it looked amazing. Anyhow this weekend we are finally going to Galway and I won't miss that trip for sure! 

2 comments: