Monday 28 July 2014

Dublin, marry me!

As I told you I went to Dublin on Saturday. It wasn't a bad day but I had higher expectations. I had been dreaming about Phoenix Park for a long time but finally I didn't go for reasons that I won't explain here. (I'm sorry but I am still really disappointed). 

I visited the Kilmainham Gaol - historical Irish prison where many films were filmed (In the name of the father, The Italian job, ...) - and the Irish National War Memorial Park. After that I just walked no direction and I discovered a part of the city I didn't know. It was definitely the best part of the day; Dublin has much more things than the typical tourist ones. It has something magic in the atmosphere. So maybe I won't be able to visit Phoenix Park before I go back to Spain but at least I will go there again on Thursday - I'll go for a new meeting in Léargas, not for fun - But I will be able to walk around once the meeting finish! 

 Central area of prison

Other perspective 

SOS! (Thanks to my friend Cris for the treatment of this picture!)

Irish National War Memorial Park 

 Art in Dublin streets

Getting lost is the best way to discover great things like this one

Saturday night I stayed at home with Roberta, one of her sisters and a friend of them. We drank beer and talked about a hundred of topics. It was a different night where I really enjoy myself. 

Yesterday morning I went to the mass in Tullamore with Stephanie - she's one of Roberta's sister - Adnan and the twins. I love this children ♥. After that Roberta had prepared a family meeting so there were around twenty people in the Round House. They first had other meeting in Kilbeggan and I stayed with Adnan doing a puzzle at home. Everyone came back around six to have dinner all together - delicious Irish dinner mmm!

 My little monsters ♥ - Ilara, Adnan (angry at this moment) & Emel

Doing the puzzle

Let's stop and have dinner!

The day finished with Rut and I talking in the dining room while we continued with the puzzle. Definitely living in Tullamore without her will be a challenge for me - she's leaving on Friday for holidays and when she come back I will already be in Coruña again. 

So let's see what this new week can offering me. Enjoy yourselves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment